Joining Canterbury Gold
To join Canterbury Gold please download CG01 Joining Canterbury Gold Flowchart from the documents section of our website, this will guide you through which forms you need to complete depending on your circumstances. Once you have completed the forms please return them to us as indicated.
It often takes several months for us to receive the DofE Welcome Pack. We will post it to you as soon as we receive it, please do not wait to receive the pack before you start logging the time you are spending on your Award.
All forms are available for download from our website from the documents section
Terms & Conditions
- You must be between the ages of 16 to 23 to join Canterbury Gold. (Please note: if you are a direct entrant you require 18 months before your 25th birthday to complete your Award).
- There is a one-off joining fee of £50. £27 KCC / DofE enrolment fee, £23 to help towards Canterbury Gold administration costs.
- As we are a virtual group you must have access to your own email account and mobile phone.
- For routine communication you will need regular access to the Internet / Emails, a printer, the ability to view Word, Excel and PDF files. Adobe PDF readers are available free from the Adobe Website (www.adobe.com/uk)
- Each individual Award belongs solely to the participant. Canterbury Gold is here to facilitate and guide you with your award, we will work hard to help you achieve your award, but we will not do it for you, chase or force you.
- To undertake any activities organised by Canterbury Gold you must be 16 years of age before you start your training.
- If you undertake a Qualifying Expedition organised by Canterbury Gold, you must undertake approved training and a recognised Practice Expedition. This may be through us or another approved provider. In case of doubt please contact one of the unit leaders.
- You are required to provide your own walking boots, expedition clothing, sleeping bag, rucksack etc., however we are usually able to let you borrow equipment such as tents, maps, compass, Trangia cookers and gas.
- Canterbury Gold will not tolerate inappropriate behaviour caused by alcohol consumption or any verbal or physical abuse directed towards our staff or participants. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken this may result in a verbal or written warning or exclusion from our activities/unit. In the case of the latter all payments made will be lost.
- Anyone found to be in possession of illegal substances will be removed from any activity they are involved in and repatriation will be at their own expense.
- Canterbury Gold takes no responsibility for the quality or validity of an activity undertaken through a 3rd party provider such as an AAP. This includes all five sections of the Award. Participants/parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring that organisations they are working with have appropriate Health and Safety and other related policies. On request from a participant/parent/guardian we will provide advice on this matter.
Canterbury Gold reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time.
If you have any questions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org